WHO WE ARE
We are over 50 small, unique, independent businesses and artisans--in and around New York City--that create and supply costumes for the entertainment industry. Standing alongside us are costuming colleagues from major NYC arts institutions.
We transform the Costume Designer’s two dimensional designs into custom, one-of-a-kind costumes for theatre, dance, opera, concerts, theme parks, cruise ships, ice shows, live entertainments and on television and film worldwide.
WHAT WE DO
● We employ hundreds of specialty artisans: pattern makers, cutters, stitchers, hand finishers, tailors, painters, sculptors, crafters and more.
● We infuse millions of dollars into the New York City economy (rent, payroll, taxes and other expenses).
● We support the Historic Garment District by buying materials—fabrics, trims, notions, equipment—from local vendors.
SIX POINT ACTION PLAN
Plainly stated, it’s possible we will not all be able to survive this PAUSE.
● Connect with local and state politicians to generate awareness of our contribution
to the economy and promote rent postponement or forgiveness, along with
mortgage and tax relief for landlords.
● Connect with stakeholders in the entertainment industry to remind them of our
contributions and to seek assistance so we can be ready when they reopen.
● Get a seat at any table where any other performance-related Union is negotiating
about the reopening of NYC.
● Prepare a comprehensive shop safety plan in line with CDC, OSHA and NYC
guidelines to create industry-wide shop standards.
● Compile transition information for our employees to assist them as they become
unemployed for an undetermined time.
● Seek financial support for Members and Affiliates facing financial hardship.
● We are Equal Opportunity Employers.
● We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, disability, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), marital status, protected veterans status, citizenship status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
● We are fully committed to fostering a safe and healthy work environment for all, and do not condone bullying or harassment of any kind in our places of business.